11/7/08

6-ness

Only SIX of Scott's quirks, written by Cassie
1. Inside out-ness of shirts. 
So the first time we did laundry together Scott kindly said, "You don't HAVE to turn my shirts right side out..." I didn't think much of it, I thought he was just being nice. But then as I did more of his laundry with him I was starting to be amazed at how all of his shirts were inside out. So he then demonstrated his masterful ability to put a inside-out shirt on right side out. It is pretty much amazing, and super funny. So we have tonz of piles of Scott's inside out shirts folded in our closet. It is really very impressive. I would tell you to have him show you sometime, but that would be a little awkward for all of us...so, yeah. 
2. Leftovers.
Scott loves food and he really likes it cold and leftover from the night before. We were at my parents house and my mom offered us some dinner that my brother John had made. It was some really tasty eggplant lasagna. So at first when Scott dug in and ate a plate cold I thought he just must have been starving and didn't think much of it. Then when he went for his second bowl I pointed out the microwave that my family did have, being the technologically advanced family that we are... ;) He kindly refused and said that he just really likes it cold. Very interesting...and not too shabby in most cases either.
3. Head OFF the bed.
Scott has a feather pillow that he got when he was possibly in middle school or high school. It is a pillow that he inherited from who knows where (I asked him), meaning that it is OLD. So this pillow is no longer feathery and light. It is as hard as a rock, it amazes me every morning as I pick it up to make the bed. It is sooo solid and weighs a lot more than a normal feather pillow would. Many times before we go to sleep Scott's demonstrates how perfect his pillow is and how it performs the important duty that a pillow should: It keeps his head off the bed. 
4. Dishes...
Scott actually just confessed that he used to be embarrassed about this quirk but now that he is married he doesn't care. haha. The first time I noticed this was when we were dating. He would go back to his bedroom where he kept most of his food and pans and cooking things (to keep the safe from roommates...i think?). He had made us Macaroni and Cheese the day before and was getting his pan out to make rice or something. I noticed that there was some orange film...I thought, "What is that? Is his pan orange?" Then I asked him, "Hey, did you wash that from yesterday?" he looked at me and smiled and said, "Nope." and just kept cooking. He probably would have laughed if he had seen the look on my face but I got over it. So then after we got married I got into the habit of cleaning up our dishes before going to school in the mornings. After a few days of this habit Scott and I were on the couch after dinner and he said, (kindly, yet again) "You know, you really don't need to wash my bowl every morning." This was after the shirt incident, so instead of assuming that he was just looking out for me and my 'going the extra mile' I asked, "Why not?" and he explained how really it just didn't need cleaned every day. That it is all just food and it doesn't matter, or something to that effect. haha. 
5. Internet lover
When Scott gets home he puts his stuff in the room on the dresser and usually heads to the computer, after saying hi to his wife of course. (He is really good about showing me he cares) He checks his email, plays WOW, plays Sudoku (daily unless something comes up), read the news, watch homestar runner, listens to GRock, checks facebook and obsessively checks the bank accounts. It will be nice when he has a desk and doesn't have to be banished to the kitchen counter so that while I am doing homework on the couch he can more easily point out funny news and things to me.
6. Toothpaste
Scott currently has two kinds of toothpaste, with their own personal toothbrushes. Since one is 'mint' and the other is 'cinnamon' he doesn't want the flavors to 'mix' so he uses separate toothbrushes.
These were only six of the many quirks Scott has. They are a big part of what make us different and so in love with each other :)

Cassie's Quirks by Scott (who is not nearly as verbose)
1. When Cassie puts a shirt on, she can tell what the shirt will look like when it is on her.  Obviously she hasn't had her shirts for enough years to know by the tag and general color EXACTLY which of her shirts it is.  She'll get better.
2. Leftovers.  What's not to love?  It's like the food you ate the night before, but different because it's cold and the fat has congealed.  Mmmm.  So Cassie thinks that leftovers should be microwaved.  Microwaves are for oatmeal and baking potatoes... and maybe popcorn.  And that's it.
3. Cassie likes to sleep on pillowS, and even odder than the multiplicity of pillows is the fact that they eat her head.  I'm not sure how she breaths with them wrapped around her head like that.  And they do not provide the necessary support that the head needs to keep it up and off of the bed.
4. Cassie spends alot of time doing dishes.  I have no problem with clean dishes, at restaurants I expect nothing less.  But when I know exactly where the dish has been, and who's eaten what from it...  Lets just say we could use that money we spend on dish soap on... More PORK AND BEANS!!!!!!
5. Cassie has the odd quirk of spending an entirely appropriate amount of time on the internet.  I have no idea how much time that is, I'm over at my computer in the kitchen.  All by myself.
6. Cassie seems to not have noticed the many new and exciting flavors of toothpaste that are on the market now.  It's kind of like eating, but you have to spit out the toothpaste when you are done.  May as well enjoy the good flavorS until then.  and keep them separate. no commingling of flavors.

PS  Scott put very little thought or seriousness into Cassie's quirks, in case that's not blatantly obvious.

5 comments:

  1. You two are sillies!!! And you shall have silly offspring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are absolutely hilarious, and Cassie you should be grateful that Scott didn't put more time into your quirks, that means he loves you. A lot. Give that opportunity to Shane and I and we'd probably give you a four page posting about the inner workings. Doesn't mean we love each other less, we're just more willing to point out the obvious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Scott uses different toothbrushes to prohibit the mixing of flavors...but uses the same dishes and mixes those flavors...

    ReplyDelete

background