Last month Scott and I went to a store in Idaho Falls called Winco. We found a lot of the weekly food we eat and were happy to find it for a lower price so we came to the conclusion that we would go there monthly. At the beginning of this month we talked to Emily and Dan and set a date for them to come with us. The night before our shopping trip I went to Albertson's to check out some deals that we heard about from some friends. I found heaven and made Scott, Emily and Dan come with me the next morning before we went to Idaho Falls. Thanks Katie! Between Dan and us we saved $120 dollars! We got 20 cake mixes, 20 canned biscuits, 12 muffin mixes, 4 granola boxes 6 icing's and a frozen lasagna for around $50.
Amazing huh?! I have come to the conclusion that I need to pay close attention to these Albertson's deals.
So after we got done getting prepared for future sugar highs, we headed to Idaho Falls. We took advantage of the Olive Garden lunch special and all of us had all we could eat soup, salad and breadsticks. It was so much fun spending the afternoon with Dan and Emily and getting so many great deals!
Our weekend did end up going by faster than we would have liked since we were busy almost the whole time but it was a good weekend none the less. We got tonz of groceries...
and some things we techinically didn't NEED, but we were proud of ourselves for saving money and keeping to our budget :) Horray, once again, for married life!
Now the only problem is that every time I open the cupboard to get a bowl or plate out to eat a healthy meal, those tasty icings are staring back at me. Aren't you impressed that I have yet to make a cake and it has been 3 days that those boxes have been in our cupboards? Wow, I just plain amaze myself.
That IS amazing! Good job on finding those deals. I like having cake mixes on hand just because. That is a lot of stuff to get for $50, too. I really love married life too!
ReplyDeleteCake!! Cake is nice!! I wish I had gone to albersons that day what fun. You should make a cake that lookes like... hmmm... a yellow duck cause you like yellow and ducks are pretty funny at the nature park.
ReplyDelete