I have decided that I love to cook! Especially for Scott, he loves everything-which makes it even more exciting knowing that he will more than likely enjoy it :) I took advantage of having canned biscuits yesterday and made more calzones. This time I made bbq chicken, mmmm good! With our lack of fresh ingredients I had to be a little creative, which made it even more fun for me :) I used: 1 chicken breast, 2 cups of broccoli, one onion, pizza seasoning, bbq sauce and cream cheese. They were really tasty and we enjoyed our time together as we ate them and watched a movie. It was a very eventful weekend :)
I have been working on a project that I have been thinking of doing for YEARS. One summer day my siblings and I were talking about all the crazy stuff we did as kids. I was getting into scrapbooking and came up with idea of making a scrapbook of these events. It's taken me a few years to really decide how to preserve these memories because of how super important they are to me, but I FINALLY have come up with a plan and have started this next project of life.
So this "you know you're a Gale kid if..." book will be organized (cuz I'm all about organization) from A-Z! So cute! So I finally get to use all the different alphabets that I have collected over the years :)
My last project lived on our counter, making it difficult for Scott and I to do much there or use the toaster oven for a few weeks. This time I thought it through better and have things better organized so I can pick it up and move it without any problems. It will be a little inconvenient but it's my own fault, wanting to be in the same room as my handsome husband makes me do inconvenient things ;)
Our stake conference this weekend was very uplifting for Scott and I. We both received answers to things that we have been worried about. I just love how the gospel works like that! I am so grateful for Scott and all the love he shows me and the hard worker he is. I have been more and more touched each day at just how lucky we are. We are blessed in so many ways! We are so in love and have so much fun together. I am loving setting patterns of righteousness with him, my eternal companion. One of the things that was said by Elder Gary W. Walker of the seventy really made Scott and I laugh. He said, "Plan specifically and execute flexibly." Why is this funny, you might ask...well, I have a hard time being flexible whereas Scott has a hard time planning. It is something we are both going to work on but it was funny to see just how different we are in that respect but how in love we are anyways. Does God know what he is doing or what?! :) It was so wonderful to be reminded of the special promises that God has spoken. Knowing them and trusting in the Lord we honestly have no need to fear!
So for your viewing pleasure I am adding one of our conversations from today to show you just one more reason why Scott and I are meant for each other:
1:30 pm... Scott: "So this lasagna needs to cook for 2 hours before we can eat it."
Cassie: "I am so glad you thought to look at that! I would have figured it out too late. So we should put it in at 3pm?"
Scott: "yeah, that should work fine."
1.25 hours later...Cassie: "Hey Scott, what time is it? Is it already 3?"
Scott (while playing on the computer): "It's 2:45. Why?"
Cassie: "the lasagna, remember."
Scott: looks confused for a minute and says, "Oh yeah! I forgot!"
One has to be smart so the other can remember what the smart one figures out.
I love that you guys have already figured out how to compliment each other. You're pros at marriage! And Cassie, I'm so glad that you like to cook, it's so fun! The calzones look great! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThose calzones look pretty much amazing. I think i might have to steal your recipe :)
ReplyDelete