3/15/09

nwodtnuoc ytnewt pot

This week was full of excitement! Cassie read three more books, bought a real table and chairs (no more card table bouncy-ness of life! We don't get it until the people move away in April though. But we still own it! They are just using it until they move :)), verified her FAFSA, and worked up a storm. Scott did homework, went to work and classes, did homework, took Cassie on a date, and did homework. We were able to go get our monthly groceries, it's crazy how much fun we have saving money and budgeting together. Yep, we are dorks. We also were invited to FHE at our stake president's house on Monday. It was really fun to meet his wife and hear their stories and testimonies. It was a great opportunity to get to know our leader :) It was a great week :)
We are both pretty excited to prepare for general conference in April and last week at Stake Conference I felt impressed to make a tradition for our little family to help prepare us for each conference. I had thought back on my childhood and asked Scott about his, trying to get my mind rolling and think of something we could do. So today in sacrament our inspired Bishop sparked this great tradition that this Kinghorn family is going to put into practice. He was sharing his testimony about the conference talks and was reminding us of what the member of the seventy had said to us about the "top 20" talks of conference which he personally studies throughout the year. These "top 20" are the talks of our dear Prophet and apostles. So the spirit came up with this great idea and whispered it in my ear :) We are going to read one "top 20" a day for the next 20 days, which will bring us to the eve of General Conference. Horray! I can't even tell you how excited I was, and still am, about this idea. Scott laughed at me and asked if I was excited for the opportunity to learn or because of how it works out to be 20 days before conference. Well, being the organized person that I am...well, I'm excited because of both! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cassie, that's so awesome! Traditions are great! Did you read in this month's Ensign the article about making General Conference better for the kids? I loved reading it and think I will be using the ideas for when I have kids. :) Can I just share what my family does? When the conference issue of the Ensign comes out, we use the talks as the theme for our FHE each week. So we pick a talk, someone gives a lesson based on it, someone picks a hymn to do with it, and we also have a scripture, an activity, and a treat...they all tie in and it helps us remember the talks throughout the year. It's fantastic!...as is your idea. It's cool how it worked out to be exactly 20 days!

    ReplyDelete

background