5/10/09

esuoh wolley eht ta gnirps

What would you guess this little beauty is?
it is the inside of our bathroom vent...A.K.A...the home of some loud little baby birds. 
These birds have been living "with us" since March. We didn't think much of it at the time and weren't to bothered by it. But, it got put on a little list of things to tell our landlord during the past week. 
The photo below is of the birds mother...at least I think. As I was taking the pictures of the vent the bird was making a ruckus and I was a little afraid to get close to it. It seemed a little upset. haha.
On the bright side, we have a great little noisy reminder right in our bathroom vent that it is spring outside. This is nice since we live in a cave and sometimes forget that it is no longer winter...although, it seems like Rexburg forgets that too at times so we don't feel too bad about it.
Thank goodness for the internet. Without it I think my dear husband would never have seen these beautiful flowers that bloomed outside of our house. He may someday pay enough attention to see them when he is right next to them but until then he can see it right here on our blog :) haha. Aren't they pretty? They even match the house!
One of the other things on our 'landlord list' was our non-functioning lawnmower. Our landlord was nice enough to come this week and mow and he even pruned the fruit trees :) It's so pretty now :)...except for the dead spots...
Speaking of outside, Scott and I have got our seed supply mostly ready to plant our garden in the next month-ish. We might wait until after the "June frost" to plant...that or when we have time...
I have gotten addicted to these amazing coupon-ing blogs and for the last couple of weeks I have been watching these people post about how much money they saved and where the deals are. So this week was my first personal experience with it. I had printed some Kellogg's coupons and we went to Winco yesterday and got 10 boxes of cereal (2 of each pictured below) for $4.50 total! Isn't that AMAZING?! I sure thought so.
This beautiful FAUCET (not sink as I have been calling it for the past two days) was put in by our landlord on Friday. It has been so nice to use both sides of the sink! We had noticed a few months ago that the right side had a leak so we just stopped using it. I was getting sick of the nasty smell though so I finally called to let them know about it and the rest of the above items. They came that same night to see the sink problem and it was actually the first time we met our landlords. haha. Scott has been living here for almost nine months and I have been living here eight so we thought it was funny that this was the first time we had met them.
We have started having dinner with our friends, the Frongner's, every week. It will be so nice to see them more regularly and share good food :) This week it was at our house and before dinner the guys were enjoying watching Dan finish up a game he and Scott had been playing on their 'day off' from school (they have no classes on Tuesday and Thursday so they sometimes get to play together like the old days 'before Cassie'). Scott really enjoyed playing with Isaac, he is such a smiley baby! Always so happy. It was so fun having them over! We are so lucky to have such great friends sooo close to us.
So this picture is a little old but I was curious if anyone could guess what kind of restaurant we were eating at...what's your guess?
Here is an example of my "overachieving" as my brother, Timmy, would say. A few days before classes started I got a ton of books to read. I learned the hard way that it is so much smarter to just rent the whole series of a book so you don't have to wait for 'the next one' to be checked back in to the library. So I went ahead and got five different whole series to read in two days. haha. I did come to my senses but Scott and I sure got a chuckle out of my not-thinking-it-through experience.
Isn't my husband's shadow cool? He has like NO chin! I love it! :)
Well, have a happy week everyone! Sorry it's been so long since you got a real update. I will try to do better :) 
Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Cassie, I love your updates! You and Scott do such fun things. And you will have to show me this coupon thing...Tyler and I will need to live as cheap as possible! I saw your comment on my blog and I will get you my number, I promise! I just don't want to give it out all public like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know about the coupon stuff, too!! Do share...

    ReplyDelete

background