4/10/10

!TI DID I

I'm a college graduate! :D
So here we are, celebrating...drunk with happiness :)

My family came all the way from Vernal, Utah to celebrate with us. We had a weekend chuck full o' fun!
We went to our favorite local pizza place-Craigo's. It has all you can eat salad, pasta and pizza.



We took advantage of that "all you can eat" part... :)


Then we went to Idaho Falls and Mom insisted on buying me teacher clothes :) Thanks Mom!

We also played a prank on my family...Tina was the one that ended up finding it first...(this is her grossed out face)
One of my friends has a manikin head that she won at a white elephant gift exchange. We placed the head on a little neck pillow and then made it look like a hobo sleeping on our guest bed.
When we got back from shopping we were all putting things away and getting dinner ready in the kitchen and Tina comes running in and pushes everyone near me aside to reach me. Then she whispers in a very scared manner, "Cassie, is there someone in your house?!?" I begin laughing because of her reaction and then am like, "Where, what do you mean?" She takes me to the guest bedroom and is like, "Who is that?!" By this time I'm laughing soooo hard. I'm leaned against the wall trying to still act amazed as I laugh hysterically. Then everyone starts heading back to see this, which i had hoped for, and my grandma yells "Let's not all go see! Give the guy some room!" hahaha. So then I say, "No, let's all come see! hahahahaha!" Anyways, it was pretty funny. I left it alone though and Tina couldn't walk past the room because it creeped her out so much. In all honestly though, I had set the thing up in the morning and ten minutes after setting it up I walked past the room in a rush to do something else and was spooked by it as well. haha. I had forgotten about it and it was set up so well that it even spooked the creator! :D
After we put things away we ate some food and played In a Pickle. Fun times, fun times.

Scott had to work that night so when he got home we started making homemade ice cream for dad's birthday which was earlier in the week.
Everyone had to participate in making it to be able to eat some :) - Kinghorn tradition!







The peach vanilla custard was amazing! We also had PLENTY for the eight of us. :)


The next morning was my graduation. Here I am waving on the far end of the blue chairs, seven people back...

And here I am receiving my diploma cover :) I'm right in the middle with the LONG curly hair :) (it's grown a lot!)

So if you notice in this picture, Timmy is in the background looking goofy...while we took different poses of picture he and Tina walked around and did this in strangers photos. Not as close mind you, but he was having the time of his life. Silly boy.

I like this picture! We look so happy :) we were of course!




It was so nice having my family come. I was also really glad Grandma was able to make it. She attended Ricks college so it was neat for her to have a granddaughter graduate from BYU-Idaho.

If you wonder what we are doing behind that cap you can take a guess by looking at Tina's face. hahaha



In front of our apartment door :)

And here is Tina being creeped out once more by the hobo head. :)
Teancum as also present for some of this excitement. I fed him live crickets after dinner one night for entertainment. He did a good job :)



Also, I hadn't posted my birthday pics! We made ice cream on my birthday, which was on a Sunday. We realized the morning of that we had not bought ice. So we used what we had in our freezer and told Dan that he would need to find more at the single apartments near him if he wanted ice cream. He did well :)


it turned out AMAZING! Heath, walnut and chocolate custard. mmmmmmm good.

My family even sent me flowers that weekend :) It was a nice birthday.

So now on to adult life. I'll be getting a job for the summer and then I start student teaching in the fall, around August. I will find out where I will be student teaching sometime in or around June. I know it will be in Idaho, anywhere from Ashton to Pocatello. Until then there is fun to be had and money to earn :)

6 comments:

  1. Cassie congrats on Graduating!! That's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We're proud of you! It looks like you guys celebrated with a great few days with your family! :) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, I was going to send you a text yesterday to wish you a happy graduation day...but I remembered you don't have text. It looks like it was a happy day and you had a great time with your family, I am glad! Now that you are graduated...maybe we can do stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUZZAH!!! Are you so excited? Where will you be working? Do you need a job? Brad's last week at the TLC is this week and they are hiring and he said they are a MILLION times better than journeys and give you more money for your degree. just throwing it out there if you need it. Congrats!! call anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and happy graduation!

    I'm so glad your family came and you had such a great time. Family gatherings are the best moments in life! Thank goodness we have eternal families so we can enjoy these feelings forever!

    I love what Tim and Tina were doing in the pics. What a crazy, fun idea. I can just see Tim as he's totally cracking up over it too. And your head in the bed is hilarious! I just might want to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete

background