12/26/08

samtsirhc tsrif ruo

We had a very very very very very very VERY white Christmas :). Before yesterday we had about a foot of snow. Then it snowed all day yesterday! So now we have closer to 2 feet of snow. It made for a very white first Christmas :) We are excited to go play in it today. 
So here is a preview of the special Christmas we had. Scott and I have decided to do something super special every year, we are going to make nativity's every year. So this is our first homemade nativity:

We are impressed with ourselves since neither of us are very super dooperly artistic. 
We got some exciting presents. We received presents from both of our families and Timmy will be very proud of me for posting this picture. This is the very warm hat he gave me for christmas (notice Timmy how I didn't say how ugly it is? You should be proud of me.)

I also got some cool socks from my parents and Scott and I decided that they were cool enough to wear.
I made Scott a beanie for Christmas and he received a nice blanket from work. We also received lots of games and things for our house. We were very lucky and very very blessed. Thanks families!
Dan was here with us for Christmas and we all worked together to make the perfect Christmas dinner. It was the first fancy dinner Scott and I have had in our first house. It is so much fun to have so many firsts here in our first little cute little yellow little house. :)
We had ham, cheesy potatoes, salad, and sparkling cider. All the goodness of life. We are excited for meals today because we have leftovers! wawho :)
So here is a preview of the snow! This car is our neighbor's and has been parked in their driveway all during break so this is all the snow that has fallen since students left for break. 
This is Scott pulling into our driveway. If you pay close attention you will notice that the mounds of snow on either side of our driveway are about as tall at Betsy (the car). I am going to work on fixing that today so we can actually see when we pull out of the driveway. After we had eaten all three of us went out and cleared our driveway of snow. There was close to three feet of snow at the end of the driveway from where the snowplows had cleared the road. I wish I would have got a picture of that! It took us over an hour to get the driveway cleared. 
This is right outside of our door and this is the snow that had fell yesterday. To the right is where we push the snow over but this area was mostly cleared when we went to bed christmas eve...
After our hard work we came in and had some tasty apple crisp :) It was the first time I had ventured into making it and it turned out tasty! 
We had a very special day and are so grateful for the many blessings the Lord has given us. We love our Savior and are grateful for the chance we have to celebrate his birth and life, not just on Christmas, but throughout the year! :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay...snow! hehehe...sweet ham...dinner looked delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a super-duper fun FIRST Christmas together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...I am nervous to see that much snow in dear old Rexburg--We wont see grass there for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Where do you live that gets that kind of snow? I think Paul would have a heart attack. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Isn't it fun being married? Sometimes it seems to me like life is an endless sleepover and it is so hard to go to sleep because we have so many things to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the best first christmas together! And your nativity is so awesome!!! you guys are very creative and talented. what a fun tradition, your kids will love it

    ReplyDelete

background