2/1/09

grubxer ni semit nuf

Haha, I so enjoy writing titles backwards. It sure makes things more hilarious, and how else would I have found out that rexburg spelled backwards is grubxer? Maybe that could even be the name of our first son! Scott asks, "Why not our first DAUGHTER?" What a silly question. Grubxer is definitely a boy name. teehee. We have so much fun together :) Just now, in fact, we got home from church and had a little adventure. I came into the kitchen/living room where Scott was at his computer. As I walked into the room I could hear a beeping noise and looked all over to see what it was. Scott had no idea and had thought that it was something I was doing. We came to the conclusion that it was the neighbors upstairs (it sounded like a bomb). So I sat on the couch and turned on music to drown out the sound. After a few minutes Scott figured out what the noise resembled-an error noise from a computer. I muted my music to listen and could hear it even better. I then realized that it was coming from Scott's computer. He hadn't noticed because the speakers that were connected to his computer were on the floor. haha. He still doesn't now why it is beeping, he just turned the volume off so it won't bother me. haha.

ANYWAYS! We have had some fun times these last few weeks. At work my friend had me try some garlic mushrooms and I fell in love. So a few days later I tried to make some. They actually turned out really good and Scott loved them. Can you tell they are mushrooms?
After having my homemade garlic mushrooms Scott had the chance to eat the inspiration of my creation. He was amazed and said that mine were so much better. He was amazed BECAUSE I thought I didn't know how to cook before I married him :)
I also made us some onion rings that same day. We have a deep fryer that we got from one of my ward family members back home and it is so fun to play with! We felt real gross after though...haha...and the house smelled like grease for a few days. ick.

Scott is such a good example to me and has been enjoying riding his bike to school during the week while I'm working. Last week he came home on a rather warm day and was very dirty...haha. His fender has been functioning properly of course, but he only has one for the back. So while his back was clean and dry, his front was a little brown and muddy. haha.
Yesterday we went with our friends, the Frongner's and Talbot's, to SNOWFEST. It was put on by the city and was so much fun! The first event we saw was the polar bear swim. We watched around 50 people jump into a freezing pool of water and then into a hot tub. We met up with Emily and her friend at this event and then went on a sleigh ride with them before leaving. It was a well planned event and really fun with a good deal of people there enjoying the many activities. They also had sledding and snow bowling (with real pins and a bowling ball. The pins were set up on the bottom of the hill) and a community member made snow sculptures like the one pictured below among other activites.


This little girl was really fun to watch. She was so nervous and kept telling her mom that she was going to faint. It was fun watching people be not so smart... ;)



It was a little warmer that it has been but it was still pretty cold and by the time we left Zoie and Isaac were ready to be out of there! 
Life is so good to us.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie, you're so funny! I totally want to go to a snow fest now! I'm glad you and Scott have so much fun together. I know I just love, love, love being married to my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

background