2/11/09

gnikoobparcs dna gni-tv

I have wanted to post for the past week but could never think of anything tricky to share. I guess our life has hit that normal state or something. I just work and come home and cook and sleep. BUT I have been doing something more! I just was wrestling about whether I wanted to post it. I don't consider myself a professional and I am so critical of my own work but I am sort of proud of these...
 For Christmas our Gale parents gave us some mission scrapbook supplies. These really opened my mind to the creative things I could do with my mission scrapbook and took away the fear of messing up these amazing memories. So here is a sample of what I have been working on the past week. 
These two are all my favorite pictures and the last journal entries that I wrote before leaving my dear Brasil. I also saved letters from my favorite people and wrote down some of the games that we played with our investigators children. The pocket also contains special things from dear friends.


This layout contains all of my companions in the order that i served with them starting in the middle and going left then up and around and down the next page. These women taught me so much and have touched my life for the better in so many ways!
I also saved letters from each of them...not all the letters, that would be hundreds! But the one's that really touched me and helped me through hard times.


So what do you guys think?
Also, I was wondering if anyone would like to help me brainstorm. Today while Beth and I were visiting teaching we asked our friend if she needed anything and, of course, at the moment she doesn't. So we came up with the great idea of making our visiting teaching girls each a coupon book to redeem during the month/year as needed. Some examples that I came up with are: 
  • Babysitting for a date night
  • Babysitting for a temple night
  • Making dinner
What else can we do??? What are some things you would like someone to do for you on a bad day?

4 comments:

  1. Not that any woman would admit she needs goodies, but a plate of cookies will go a long way on a bad day! Also, a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen could be great coupons...ones I would have used at one point or another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that with the coupon book, you call and make her set a date to cash them in. . . otherwise she probably won't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about the ladies you visiting teach, but maybe if they are crafty, do some scrapbooking or something with them? That stuff is more fun to do with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes mothers that are home all day and are overwhelmed would love someone to come hld the baby so they can shower and help with cleaning etc.

    ReplyDelete

background