Hey everyone! We have been having a great week and I just wanted to share a thought that has crossed my mind so many times during this past week. We had some interesting problems with our neighbors and some money scares and frustrations with possible future situations but all is well now. So during the week I was feeling so bad for myself, more than I honestly should have been. After each 'episode' I would laugh at myself and think, "you know, you signed up for this! You fought to have this experiences during the war in heaven. This is a part of life and you need to stop complaining and just do your best and God will do the rest." (it wasn't always all of that at once but always something like it ;).) I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who have helped us during these past four months. (we've been married FOUR months! can you believe it?!) For your prayers and love and comments on our blog :) We love you all!
Well, just now as I was getting our crockpot set up for dinner I was looking at our spice racks and realized just how many I have never used during our time together and probably during my lifetime really. So if there are any of the below that you use in a tasty recipe let me know! :) Recipes that you or someone you know has used before is what I am looking for. Thanks guys!
Mustard seed
Fennel
Rosemary
Parsley
Thyme
Marjoram
Coriander
Celery Salt
Crushed Mint
Have a fun weekend!
You know, if you go to allrecipes.com and hit the ingredients tab you can type in whatever ingredients you have on hand and it'll bring up recipes that have those specific ingredients...it's heaven sent! :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brooke! YOU are heaven sent :)
ReplyDeleteI made a pretty sweet batch of Muddy Buddies today. It doesn't use any of the ingredients you mentioned above, but it sure was tasty! Let me know if you'd like the recipe! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way I love your guts!
ReplyDeleteI want your Muddy Buddies recipe for sure Olivia :)! I'm so glad we have blogging! :) Horray for friendness of life ;)
ReplyDeleteRosemary mixed with some mayo, spread on a whole chicken(take as much skin off as you dare) and roasted is yummy-well of course some salt
ReplyDeleteCassie! How are you? I'm enjoying catching up on your life by reading your blog :) And, I have to tell you the yummiest recipe for cooking whole birds (like a whole turkey or chicken.) #1 get a roasting bag, basting is for the birds! ha ha But really, get a bag. Then you stuff the bird with ROSEMARY cut up organges, and garlic cloves (I like to smash them once or cut them in half.) Then roast the bird until it is done, it turns out moist and delicious! I've cooked Thanksgiving dinner twice with this and it always turns out good.
ReplyDeletePS I love cooking and can give you more ideas if you want--like thyme is great combined with butternut squash or other squashes. Add Coriander, cinnamon,& nutmeg to the egg mixture when you make french toast to make it extra fancy (not a lot.)
ReplyDeleteMiss you!