4/18/09

nedrag dna rehpargotohp suomaf, shtnom xis

What a great week we have had. Classes start up again tomorrow and go until July. We are looking forward to getting closer to graduating :). We are also lucky to still have Dan and Emily in town to play with during this amazing summer weather, hopefully some camping in the future, a family reunion in Vernal and getting to see Brooke and her family while we are there :) and HOPEFULLY a trip to Vegas or somewhere in between to visit long lost Sarah :) 
We went to get our books before everyone came back into town so we could get as many "used" books as possible. Even still my books cost a ton! I am going to be taking 6 classes, many of those being only 2 credit classes. For some reason though my 2 credit class teachers think we need many books to go over the material. So in the end I had to buy 11 books (hopefully no more are added to the list when classes actually start) totaling a whopping $650. Ugh. Scott, on the other hand, only needed two books for his four classes. Lucky bug. My book load does get me a little worried about what the future entails...
I, the WIFE of a mechanical engineering major, put together this beautiful desk for us. My family was nice enough to give it to us and we brought it back with us in peices. I put the puzzle together with many phone calls to my sister Tina and a little help from Emily with the keyboard tray. I was happy with myself and now our front room is even smaller. haha. So I have a desk for my TWO computers. haha. One PC and one Mac...instead of comparing the two different types of computers I just gave in and have both of them. They are both good computers, the mac gets no viruses (and will be used more) but the PC has pretty lights...
On Friday we celebrated our 6 month anniversary. It worked out well for us because it was right on our weekly date night day so we went ahead and celebrated. Otherwise I think we would have just realized it before going to bed, or even the next day. haha. So here are our 6 month anniversary day highlights:
Bajios for dinner :)
They even had one of my favorite drinks, Orange Bang! It tastes like orange cream-cicle. 
After dinner we went to the jewelry store close by and got my rings polished. They are so shiny now!
Then we went to DQ and got tasty blizzards!
Scott was too scared for his ice cream to try this, but my ice cream survived and was a blizzard through and through.
We also went on a bike ride that day. There is a picture of me ON my new bike further down :)
We also watched twilight :) It was longer than we had remembered but still very good (I think we were both just tired)
We also took Emily with us shopping to Winco for our monthly grocery trip. It is amazing how much money we save doing this one big shopping trip once a month and we really enjoy going together. 
Now for our famous photographers recent pictures...
Can you tell what this is?
What about this?
And this?? Yeah, I have no idea either...
Yesterday Scott did us a huge favor and tilled the garden. It's going to be a nicely sized one too :)


So this is Cassie and Pearly. Isn't she pretty? (the bike I mean) It's been so nice to get to go on bike rides together and it will sure help us during the semester! Saving money is fun, and biking is funner! It's a win win situation.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss Bajio. and Pearly is a beauty! You're gonna get some buff meaty calves on that baby, way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering just how many of those books I sold back to the book store for $3 and then you bought back for over $50. Those book store thieves... I think I'm still a little bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, Cassie. It's fun. Scott seems so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmm....... Where's your helmet? Youir Aunt is saddened:(

    ReplyDelete

background