WARNING!
This post is long...Scott couldn't choose just a few pictures to show for this, the most 'amazing date ever'! :)
We went to the demolition derby with our friend's the Frongner's. The derby started with a paint job judging situation-ma-bob. They had the crowd cheer for their favorite paint job...
And BATMAN and ROBIN WIN!!!! They did a pretty snazzy job, they stunk at the racing part though...
and this poor little trooper couldn't get it's car to start after the paint job judging and didn't even get to smash other cars.
After the first heat this car (among others) had to be towed out because, it obviously wasn't going to be getting out by itself...notice the trunk frame being drug behind.
here is a taste of the adventure :)
the purple car, #67, was Scott's favorite. He has a special part of his heart that is dedicated to station-wagons so he fell in love with that one. Also, the red car with the fumes coming out was pretty fun to watch. It has a hose sticking out during the last part of the heat that was leaking water and evaporation and fumes everywhere.
Here is a nice action shot for you :) I was taking a picture of the yellow and red cars in the background but #357, the defending champion from last year, zoomed right into the picture. He was very talented in his ability to HIT CARS and stay in one peice.
Pay attention to #357 in this video
This was a pretty impressive collision, see how low Batman's tires are? That car was STUCK. Then everyone else got stuck to him when they were trying to get him out so he could try and hit them more.
Isn't it cool how the yellow car's trunk and hood are at the same angle? haha.
Another fun 'being stuck' picture :)
These guys really wanted to ride on top of their car out of the track while being towed. They had to hold on pretty tight at times because their car kept being lifted up and the tires were no longer rolling...notice how bent they are?
They had a mini car race too and we got a kick out of #13. Their front tire went flat and their back tire is totally bent but they kept going and only stopped when their radiator gave out, haha. The flat tire seemed to give them more traction, it was pretty hilarious.
In this video you will see the defender getting beat up...pay attention to his hood and to the firefighter. :)
Scott was impressed with my picture taking ability, see the mud flying and the car crushing action? Yeah, that was all me :)
Here's another shot of the double flame action, and the fire fighter is a little closer now :)
And the winner is...#21! I love the intense crushed metal on the hood and the steam coming out of the radiator. Yep, pretty much the best date ever!
Oh my goodness, I have only been to a demolition derby once but it was a blast! Who would have thought I would get such a kick out of cars crushing each other...violence isn't normally my thing. But...I think sometime we should go together (and we meaning you, Scott, Tyler and I)!!! Yes?
ReplyDeleteYikes! I haven't ever been to a demolition derby (well, other than the I-15 during a snow storm.) I need to get on that...it's like a rodeo, you have to go to at least one to be considered american.
ReplyDelete