We had a very eventful week! Scott worked a double shift every weekday. On Monday and Tuesday I drove him to work and then took the car to visit my friend Amanda. It was so fun having some good quality girl time with her :) One of the days on our way home after Scott got off work there was this beautiful sunset! The picture doesn't even do it justice. Scott took picture after picture trying to get the colors just right. It still is way off but it is pretty good for our little camera :)
I finally gave into the pressure and went to try to donate plasma. It didn't go so well though...they had a hard time finding my veins, what with my flabby arms. Then it just wasn't coming out fast enough and I started feeling really sick and clammy. I got betta...
We picked some gooseberries this weekend and made gooseberry freezer jam. We had some leftover from a batch I had picked a week or so before so we made shakes with the leftovers. It's so fun taking advantage of all the free fruit in our yard :) We also got to finally meet our next door neighbor, it was nice to get to know her and chat with her over the fence as we picked berries and she weeded her flower bed.
Yesterday I made us curtains for our bedroom. The ones we had before weren't very good at keeping the light out at night when we go to bed and the sun is still up. I am so happy with how the turned out!
I want to try your jam! I've never had gooseberries. Sounds yuumy.
ReplyDeleteHow domestic of you! I'm jealous of the jam, and the curtains too...lucky! :)
ReplyDeleteCassie, your poor arm! Ouch!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't able to give plasma when I tried, either. And the one time I gave blood, I got so sick and just about passed out. It was not a pretty picture!
ReplyDelete