1/3/10

!raey wen a s'ti

Last Saturday we went on a fun after Christmas trip. Scott got to use his new swimming goggles! We went to Green Canyon Hot Springs and played in the water. On our way home we got to eat some tasty treats.
We got our treats from a new place in Rexburg called Twizl Berry. It was a lot of fun, like a buffet ice cream store.


words just don't describe how cool we are...


Mom Kinghorn got to come and visit us in order to go to a funeral. It was a bitter sweet visit, possibly too much of tease since it was a short visit :) But we made the best of every moment!

meet: Royal Burger
Onion burger
and A1 Peppercorn. Scott was in heaven since he was with two women who couldn't finish their big burgers themselves. So he got the rest of both of ours :)
We went out on New Year's Eve and then came home and celebrated with Dan. We had some sparkling cider...
and Scott taught Mom how to play the Wii :)
We loved having her here with us.
Look at all the snow we've gotten! :) So actually this picture is from what the snowplows moved out of the way in a grocery store parking lot. That is Scott on the left, the pile was as tall as him!!
We have gotten a lot of snow though. Not a ton compared to last year but we have a very white and beautiful city at the moment. About a foot of snow overall.
So we decided to go out and have a winter adventure! Scott bought a nice sled, that would survive his skills.
And Dan decided to start our adventure early by getting his truck stuck in a 4 ft snow drift at the bottom of a snow covered hill...we did a lot of pushing and he was able to find a tricky way out.

By the time we were done pushing the truck I was super tired and Scott took me off to where we would be sledding. On the way there we had to walk through more 4 ft snow drifts. My legs were not liking that so my sweet husband offered to pull me in the sled. That didn't last long though, since the snow drifts didn't disappear. In this picture Scott is waist deep in snow...yes, my 6"1' husband...you can laugh as you try to imagine me getting out of the sled, but only because I gave you permission.
So as you can imagine, I was a little tired by the time we got to the sledding hills since I'm not amazing like Scott. So he and Dan enjoyed the sled while I took pictures and laughed at them crashing.

...and if you are wondering, no the sled did not survive Scott's skills. hehe. He is hoping he can melt it back together.
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I love that you guys are taking advantage of being the two of you and always doing something adventurous!!! I remember those days. Where are on earth did you get those yummy burgers? seriously, my tummy growled!
    How are you? are you still working at journeys and when do you graduate? hope you are super, looks like you are =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful new year so far. I don't miss the snow, but sometimes playing in it was really fun. I'm glad you got to see Mom Kinghorn, what a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the adventures you guys have! So fun. We should do something fun together soon. Tyler might be out of the country next week...who knows...so like super soon. I will try to call you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Keri from Sew Incredibly Crafty. I found them at a yard sale. I've usually seen them at the old lady yard sales that kept everything.

    ReplyDelete

background