1/28/11

erutrun ot gnihtemos

So now that I've been completely honest about our experiences I can explain to you that Teancum has fit into a void for me. Having something to nurture has really helped me to cope with life the past year.
Isn't he just adorable? ...Mom?... haha. My mom has really been sweet about us having a lizard. She hates reptiles so the idea of one of her children owning one was something that she had to deal with mentally :)
Anyways, back to me...I mean us...:) So Teancum has kind of been a slacker at taking care of himself. So today I got to clip his nails and give him a bath...the latter was actually to help him with a little bit of a big deal...You see, I'm pretty sure he forgot how to poo...T.M.I. you say? Yeah, okay, I'll leave it at that then...


We are both really amazed at how HUGE he is. We often laugh at his poses and the way they show off his gut. :D Or his lazy-ness...as shown below.


I am so glad that Scott talked me into having a lizard. We don't have to yell at him to stop barking...or deal with the fur (I HATE finding my own hair in obscure places so I just could not deal with animal hair on top of that. I mean, I shed... a LOT...imagine if we had a furry animal too! No, don't imagine...at least I won't...I don't want to gag...) Nothing against all the patient and loving furry animal lovers, I am just not one of you. I like playing with them, I just don't see myself owning one.

Anyways, Teancum amazes us more and more each day...his ability to not poo...(oops, sorry. That slipped)...his ability to try to escape his terrarium daily...his ability to be so adorable. He even helps Scott with his engineering homework (see above)! I'm excited to see what will come of our little lizard in the future. :)

This week was a gift as well. I LOVE my new job. I got to write my first 6 month evaluation today and my trainer kept apologizing for how boring it is to write but I kept saying, "I LOVE this!!!!" It's so perfect. I can't get over how well we are surviving with me having two jobs and Scott going to school and also working and having just ONE car. It's miraculous really. We are so stinkin' blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Waiting to hear about your job. And Teancum looks like the lizards on HOLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed kind of hard when I saw the picture of Teancum in all his lazy glory. It's funny the personalities that animals have!!! I'm so glad to hear that your job is going well and that you and Scott are being so blessed to work out all your "Stuff" with just one car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading updates on you and your cute little family! Teancum is one really cute nephew! Hope his lack of poo is ok, and normal for reptiles, I wouldn't know. I do love reptiles though, and would probably prefer them over the large, hairy pair of pets we currently own. :)
    I'm glad that you're both doing so well at juggling so many things. You have wonderful attitudes and are inspiring to me!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

background