7/12/11

htruof eht

We left home around 3:00am and drove straight to the Basin. My family had been there 5 minutes or so when we pulled up so we made good time :) It was nice and sunny when we pulled in.

And then the thunder and lightening started to tease us and my brothers dogs didn't like it. So the dogs went into Tim's new truck...and locked the doors with their little excited paws...with the keys in the ignition.


We had to hold down some tarps when the wind got crazy...and I got a little wet :)


We had some fun adventures for the few hours we spent on the mountain.
The boys took advantage of the dirt. :D

And we even went on a nice hike so they could pick flowers for me...and watch Uncle "Stop" (Scott in little boy language) ride his bike.

We did little boy things like: throwing rocks in the nearby pond! Or at least getting rocks for Aunt Classy (that's me!) to throw.


Grandma even enjoyed herself and stayed pretty warm.

That night we went to Alex's and enjoyed fireworks. Scott and I made a pit stop in Wyoming on our way down to visit. We loaded up and it made the evening so fun! :D


Scott especially enjoyed lighting off new fireworks that he had never experienced before.


New Jersey laws are pretty strict and Scott had never lit any fireworks when I met him. I helped him experience his first sparkler. My bro's helped him experience everything else that night :)

Mammy (Grandma, in little boy language...they don't know the urban dictionary definition...ha.haha. My mom "loves" that we remind her of what her name means so often. We wouldn't want her to forget, of course.) did a puzzle with the boys. They were so precious the whole time we were there. They love having Stop and Classy stay at their new house.

Monday morning we went to the parade and utilized Dad's shop being on Main Street. Some of us sat inside and enjoyed the shade while some sat on the road to watch the excitement. This little guy HAD to have an icee, he went around asking all the aunts and uncles until someone took him to get it. haha.

Tim and Linds came with some of her family, this little guy is adorable. He was the ring bearer at their wedding.

Papa helped out at the parade too, he is such a good Grandpa! :D


Before we left I had to go see how high the water was at the creek. I spent enough time at home that I even slipped and called it the crik...haha.
We really enjoyed spending time with my family :D It was a great weekend! We can't wait for the next visit!

1 comment:

  1. I would be asking everyone for an Icee too...I love those things! It looks like you had a great time with your family! And I love that you are Classy and Stop. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

background