8/5/12

efil dna ffuts


We've had a lot of adventures in the last few weeks. First off, we finally made doughnuts with our doughnut maker that we got for Christmas. Our friends were kind enough to help us try it out :) They were pretty tasty!


 Apparently blogger wants these videos here-sorry they don't match up. The bike pictures are just a little further down. So the last time I went with Scott I decided to try out riding down the stairs-so here's proof that I'm not a complete scared-y cat.
 And here's Scott being crazy on a skinny rail. As he was getting up on it he was like "When I was good, I used to be able to ride across something like this." After a few tries he had done it, he's still got it :D
He found a little friend in the tube and chased him around before realizing how tired the poor thing was. I never thought I would feel sorry for a rat...

We've also had a lot of berries to pick around here :) I went with Kristen and the kids and Kristen's mom and sister while they were here visiting. We picked about 20 lbs of blueberries and have loved having them to eat!

Isaac LOVES blueberries and he was hilarious, eating them whether they were ripe or not.


I had been picking my berries in the bowl pictured below and I heard a sizzling noise and looked down and saw vapors rising from a cluster of berries. I was confused at first and was like "Ew, is there a stink bug in my berries?!" haha, I guess I envision stink bugs giving off vapors-ha-but then I realized that I was smelling smoke. My blueberries were trying to catch on fire! About 5 or 6 of them were burned like this one and tasted just like burnt-ness. It was hilarious though. My blueberries didn't want to be picked! ;)

The sun had just reflected perfectly, I learned my lesson-no picking berries in a metal bowl!




so many blueberries! :D

There are so many slugs around here. I find myself often gagging when something wet touches my sandal-ed feet while I am walking in dry grass these days. ew.

We've been enjoying the skate park nearby. Scott goes every Saturday when we're home and sometimes even in the mornings before work.

No need to stare at my thighs-just check out how close Scott is to my feet-and recognize that my legs are at a 90 degree angle while I sit on a ledge at the park-Scott is pretty much parallel to the ground in these pics.


My hubby is trick-sy



This is the skinny little bar that he biked across in the video

We went down to Portland last weekend to see my Aunt Hannah. The Frongners came with us. You can see their car in our back window :) We had the kids take turns riding with us, it was so fun to have them with us. We sure love that family!

It was fun to get to know my relations a little better :) I'm excited to be living so close to them!

They took us to this Marine Science center. It was so fun!

You could touch all sorts of ocean life-and it was free!

You could play in the "waves" at this water table :D

and you could look at cool life like this!

and best of all, you could pretend to be a walrus :)

This little beach was right next to the marine center, we looked for shells and played in the wave-less water for a bit before heading down to Beverly Beach and wave-full water.

The ocean beach was gorgeous! I could just watch the water all day!



The water was FREEZING but it was fun to play in the waves.


There's a lighthouse in the distance too that we're going to go visit someday :)




Hannah was so nice to have taken us around and shown us the sites! Thanks Hannah and Rajvinder!!



Scott got bit by this little monster a few times

It even left a mark once. haha


We were amazed by how clear the water was. This was Scott and I's first time at the Pacific ocean (that I can remember-I guess I went when I was little...)

It's been a fun few weeks. I'm excited to see what the next few weeks bring!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are loving your new home, and that you get to do so many fun things. And how great that you have good friends nearby to do fun things with. :)

    ReplyDelete

background