7/26/09

emit ammus

Scott & I made some exciting discoveries this week. We have been so busy with work and school that we hadn't paid much attention to our yard. So during the week Scott went out to check out garden and saw that we have a cherry tree. On Thursday, after I finished the last of my finals, we went out and picked cherries to make freezer jam with. When I was done I started looking around the yard and saw all this...

A grape vine

Gooseberries

Very tasty berries that I don't know the name of (anybody know?)

Currant Berries (is that spelled right?)
Berries that are blue that I don't know the name of...anybody know this one?
And a very full cherry tree!
So we got two bowls worth...
and washed them and pitted them...

and blended them up and...
made freezer jam! :)
For the rest of the weekend we went to Boise and SunValley for Dan and Scott to do some biking. After biking in Boise we went to dinner at Carino's, good stuff.
We got Betsy some food at the gas station, we thought it was funny that there was a fire extinguisher next to the pumps...
and before and after leaving we found some nice big spider friends by our door.
The guys had lots of fun and so did I. It was a great way to celebrate summer finally being here...at least for the next 7 weeks :)

1 comment:

background