I'm listening to my companion and myself sing hymns in Portuguese from back in the day so if you are wondering what the backwards title means this time: Um ano novo=a new year :)
We've had a lot of new things happening this year so far. Big T (Teancum) has been enjoyed getting out of his tank more and more lately. He is always trying to find an escape :) He has been learning new tricks during these escapades and one of these times I will get a picture of him jumping up the steps. It's pretty fun. Here I have a picture of him checking out our shoes for the first time.
We've had a lot of new things happening this year so far. Big T (Teancum) has been enjoyed getting out of his tank more and more lately. He is always trying to find an escape :) He has been learning new tricks during these escapades and one of these times I will get a picture of him jumping up the steps. It's pretty fun. Here I have a picture of him checking out our shoes for the first time.
We also have been reorganizing our living space. It was fun making a plan together and following through with it. We put more furniture into the living room but we somehow have more room now! We are really enjoying the new set up. I'll put more pictures on later but for now here is a preview:
For our New Year celebration we played Ticket to Ride and the Wii and made greasy food and really enjoyed having time together!
I also got new glasses this past week (pictures to come) and I had to get my eyes checked for Glaucoma. The eye doctor put some drops in my eyes to dialate them on a very bright day...I learned that brightness and dialated eyes really hurts! So they were nice enough to give me these grandma glasses before I went back into the snowy brightness. :D Aren't I cool?!
So life is going well still :) I am currently working at the elementary school that I student taught at. I'm an aid and work with a little guy with disabilities. I also got a job offer at an agency in Idaho Falls called The Children's Adventure Center. I will be a Developmental Specialist there. I will have similar duties to a Special Education Teacher in a public school except I will be working in more of a after school program setting. For now it will be part time and I will start in one week. They are planning on having me start full time between now and the summer time, just depending on their clientele. I'm so excited because it's exactly what I want to do with my degree! Things are really coming together for us. Scott is going to school full time and working part time at UPS. One more year and he'll be done too...we are counting down for sure! :D
Congrats on the jobs! I'm so glad things are falling into place so nicely for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Life sounds great! I wish we could share more of it with you guys. I really think you should consider moving to Texas after Scott's graduation... :)
ReplyDeleteTeancum's getting huge, you are both looking great!
Oh, and if I were crafty I would post a comment on your last posting, but I'm not and the poor people who would comment on my blog would be really sad when they found out what they were getting.... good luck though, because you are super crafty!
We love Ticket to Ride! It is a super fun game. That's great that you landed those jobs in your field! Congratulations, and I hope you really love them.
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled that things are falling into place for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like life is good for you!! Yay! We love Ticket to Ride. It's such a great game!
ReplyDeletelove the new look of your blog! That picture of Teancum is aweswome! That is really exciting about your job opportunities! Congratulations! I'm really glad you're happy with how life's turning out for you!
ReplyDelete